The Board of Trustees of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSOC) requested on July 11, 2017 that Palo Alto College prepare a report that explains and documents the extent of its compliance with standards related to institutional autonomy.
Palo Alto College’s response to the SACSCOC inquiry requesting additional information regarding certain institutional processes between the College and District is found in the SACSCOC Special Report. This Special Report responds to the following six comprehensive standards (CS) and federal regulations (FR):
- CS 3.2.6 - Board/administrative distinction;
- CS 3.4.4 - Acceptance of academic credit;
- CS 3.4.5 - Academic policies;
- CS 3.4.10 - Responsibility for curriculum;
- CS 3.13 - Policy compliance: “Reaffirmation of Accreditation and Subsequent Report”;
- FR 4.7 - Title IV program responsibilities.
The faculty, staff, and administration at Palo Alto College seek to ensure that we remain a place of collaboration and innovation. Our response to the SACSCOC inquiry has been prepared in the spirit of continuing to provide our students with the best possible experience during their time with us. If you have any questions regarding our SACSCOC Special Report, please reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-486-3960.
We look forward to maintaining our continued commitment to keeping students first.
Dr. Mike Flores
Palo Alto College